Tuesday, August 2, 2011

1:1

I tried the 1:1 run/walk ratio again today. It went better than the last time. I think it helps that I did it alone so I didn't feel like I was trying to keep pace with Mike even if he is trying to keep pace with me. I did my normal 3 minute walk warm up and then started my run/walk intervals. At mile 2 I needed a little extra walk time so I took it and skipped one run interval. Then I had decided I would walk the last quarter mile (it was a little more than that because I always do 3.1 miles).

So today's workout was 3.13 miles in 40:19.52 with an average pace of 12:54/mi. Not too shabby. I was a little overheated for most of it because I left a little late and it has been heating up faster in the mornings. But there was a good breeze going and it was partially cloudy so I wasn't dealing with the sun the whole time.

My feet are about normal. No new blisters and it doesn't seem like any have gotten bigger. Well, off to be crafty for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment