Saturday, August 13, 2011

7.5 miles even if my Garmin says I did less

I walked 7.5 miles today. My Garmin says 7.45 but there were a few times when I stopped the time to wait for the street crossing sign and forgot to start it back up right away and a couple of times where I stopped to retie my shoes that was the same thing.

So I got new shorts from Skirt Sports (a very cool Boulder company). I actually first got a skirt from them after I signed up for their 5k in October. But then they had a 50% off sale and I bought two pairs of multi-sport shorts to wear under my running shorts so I don't have to roll the tops of my shorts to keep them from chaffing. They are pretty comfortable even if they are designed for Triathletes and have a chamois in them. I definitely need to get used to them as there were a few spots that got uncomfortable every once and a while.

My tape worked pretty well. I taped all 10 toes in some way or another. I wish I could tape that one spot just behind my arch on the inside of my foot where I get the little line of blisters. Today I apparently didn't have my shoes quiet tight enough and I got a much bigger blister there now. As always my edges came up some but then the tape just stayed put. I don't think I got any other big blisters but I guess I will find that out after I take off the tape.

So I did (according to my Garmin) 7.45 miles in 1:49:08.65 with an average pace of 14:39/mi. Not bad for taking almost two weeks off. That break happened because I was sewing and crafting for producing two IFGS games and squeezing in runs just got too stressful. That and the games were last weekend. I wish I had worn my Garmin on Saturday to see how much actual walking I did. I guesstimate almost 8 miles over the course of the day. Probably not quite that but somewhere around there. Sunday I stayed in one area so it wasn't so bad. I got blisters on Saturday thus why I didn't run this week. Needed to let them heal some.

Anyway, the walk was pretty good. It was a little bit of a struggle to keep my pace up and I have a few times when my muscles got sore but still pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment