Thursday, April 21, 2011

1 minute run / 4 minute walk

Tried upping my run time again today since 45 seconds run at about a 10 minute pace just felt too easy. This feels just about right. My average pace was 13:55 minutes per mile and I finished 3.14 miles in 43 minutes and 40 seconds. I was working to keep my run pace between 10:30 and 11 minutes per mile I managed just perfectly. And I also worked a bit to keep my walk pace under 16 minutes per mile. Looks like I kept it between 15:30 and 14 minutes per mile. Felt really good. I felt like I was pushing myself but not using myself up.

Almost forgot my tunes again. Got the front door open and realized I had almost forgotten my iPod again. Heh. While I can do a run or walk without music, it does keep my spirits up even higher. This weekend I am trying 6.6 miles with 3 miles run/walking and 3.6 miles walking. This is to gauge how used up I will feel after the Expedition Everest Challenge. Can't wait! Busy weekend though so I have to be sure to make time for my long workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment