Thursday, April 28, 2011

The usual

Well, an addition to my long walk on Monday, in my shower I noticed a blister on my left pinky toe. No pain, just there.

Today's workout was good. I took a break from cutting out sewing projects to call my mom and then realized it was getting late and I should get my run in. So I got ready and went. It wasn't anything super special. The back of my right thigh felt off for most of it but cleared up near the end. I did try taping my toes instead of the bandaids I usually use. The tape will work for short distances but seems the baby powder might make it useless for longer runs. Oh well. Back to bandaids. Just expensive using so many bandaids.

Anyway, back to my run. I did 3.13 miles in 42:51 with an average pace of 13:40 minutes per mile. Seems my average walking speed is getting faster. That is kinda exciting!

Next week is the Expedition Everest Challenge. I have two more workouts to do before then. One on Saturday so Mike can get a feel for my pace and another on Tuesday to keep my feet in condition. I am still toying with the idea of doing one more on Thursday to keep conditioning on my feet since the race isn't until Saturday night. But you are supposed to taper off before a race so I am not sure. That and I will be on my feet a lot more than I usually am before the race. So I guess no run on Thursday. I guess I will see how I am feeling and if I need a workout to up my emotions.

Anyway, I need to eat and shower so I can get back to cutting out sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment