Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Back to running after my cold.

Yay! I got to run today. Finally mostly over my cold and that meant I could breathe well enough to run/walk instead of just walk. I did 3.14 miles today in 45 minutes and 10 seconds. I did a 5 minute brisk warm up walk, then did 45 seconds running and 4 minutes walking intervals. Still struggling not to run too quickly, though according to my Garmin I was a bit too slow on some of my run intervals today. Hrm. Need to see if there is a setting where I can display my current pace. My average pace was 14:23 minutes per mile. Not too shabby.

Feet feel pretty good if warm. Just looked and I don't think I made any of my current blisters worse. I definitely don't have more blisters. One funny thing is that when I pull off my socks there is a puff of baby powder and my feet look a bit like a gymnast's, all caked white. So all in all a great run. I felt so good I might try 1 minute run and 4 minutes walk on Thursday. We shall see. Very excited about being able to run/walk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment