Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Just a walk

So today I went on just a normal walk. I needed more tea from Celestial Seasonings, so I walked the mile and a half to their corporate offices. There they have all the teas the make in their Tea shop. And you can stop in their cafe to try some free samples.

I knew I needed something to keep my feet in condition. This walk seemed perfect. Unfortunately, I made the choice to wear my Reebok EasyTones for a little extra oomf to my walk. They rubbed a spot on my heel. Also, weather was rolling in, so I had the same thing happen as when I did the 6.5 mile run/walk. My left hip and knee both tightened up. Not as bad as the 6.5 mile time but still not fun. Luckily I was almost home.

Blister and joints aside it was a pretty pleasurable walk. I didn't bring my Garmin or anything. It was just about getting out and getting fresh air and sun. There was a cool breeze and the sun was shining. I wasn't worried about speed or anything. Just walking. It felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment