Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Not much

I feel a bit bad. I haven't run since our race. It has been rainy and I have been busy with sewing. I was also letting my feet heal. They healed and then I beat them up again hiking all over the Heil Ranch this last weekend. A lot of these are also just excuses. Granted, I am not willing to run in rain because I think a lot of my blister problems are from my feet being damp. But still some of this has been from being lazy and stressed with my sewing. I know running can relieve my stress but trying to work in a run and get everything done was just making me more stressed.

I was hoping to run today but it has been raining. Add to that my Red Wing steel toe boots I was wearing while hiking around the Heil the first half of Saturday ate my feet. My feet and ankles were beat up even when I took care to band aid, blister band aid, taped my ring and little toes, body glided and baby powdered. All of that at least protected my toes better. I only got minor blisters on the bottom of my toes. However, my ankles were swollen within a half day and I got a funny blister on one ankle. I switched to tennis shoes the 2nd half of Saturday and all of Sunday and did fairly well. Those boots are now gone. Anyway, back to what I was saying. It is raining and I have some beat up ankles that might impede my running. Guess my next run will be on Thursday. I want to keep my Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday schedule as I planned on adding in some cross training on Monday, Wednesday and Friday with my Wii EA Sports Active game. Perhaps that is what I will do. I will work out tomorrow.

So I didn't want to just disappear from this blog for too long. Thought I would post some of my recent trials and tribulations and clear my head. I feel better and look forward to getting some exercise this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment