Sunday, October 23, 2011

More catch up!

Okay, okay, I know I have been bad about posting. But that doesn't mean I haven't been running. Yes, there have been times since my last post that I have been bad and not run but at least it was at the start of my training plan instead of in the middle. I am sure I will have more struggles with getting out to run as the weather get's colder.

Anyway. Catch up. I did a 3 mile run on 9/19. Don't remember it but I did it. My pace was fine. I ran 3.11 miles in 40:13.74 with an average pace of 12:56/mi. Looks like that was the first run I switched to 1 minute run with 1:30 walk. I don't remember it being especially hard but do seem to remember feeling challenged. So I guess that is good.

9/23 I went for a run and forgot my iPod. I know this because I had to restart a couple of times which means I was in the parking lot deciding whether to walk back to my apartment and get it or not. I believe I went back for it in the end. It was supposed to be my 5 mile run but I left late and was going to be VERY late meeting someone if I didn't cut it short. So I ran 4.81 miles in 1:02:44.02 with an average pace of 13:02/mi. I remember this run being a bit of a challenge but some of that may have been stress over being late to meet my friend. I ran 1 minute and walked 2 minutes. I did learn that I NEED to rinse off after runs as I didn't after this one and ended up with some chaffing after helping my friend dig through a storage garage. Not fun!

9/26 I did 3.11 miles in 38:35.85 with an average pace of 12:25/mi. Which means I PR'd. I remember being very happy about this. This seems to be where I got over a running plateau. I did my 1/1:30 intervals and apparently that meant I went a lot faster. I remember talking to Mike that night (he was in the Maldives for a month) and being very excited about the PR.

So that was the rest of September. Hopefully I remember October better. I don't remember any huge or painful blisters so that is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment