Wednesday, July 13, 2011

*GRUMBLE*

Got out for my run late this morning. Got most of the way through feeling great and my right thigh tightened up just before 2.5 miles. I tried to push through and then decided while I could push through the pain that I had an interview today and didn't want to be limping in that. So I took a bail short cut and cut out only a little. But it helped that I could see home and knew I was close to being done.

I did 2.92 miles with a total time of 38:28.32 and an average pace of 13:11/mi. Not my best ever. But I think Friday will be my last day of consistent 1/2 interval ratio. Next week I will try two speed days at 1/1 and do my long run with 6.5 miles. It would be nice to be at my 1/1 intervals when I start my new plan Mike and I came up with. A way to work on distance and increasing my run time at the same time. Each week I will have a speed run, tempo run and then distance walk/run. So on my speed run I will keep it to 5k for now and as each interval ratio get's easier I will up my run time. My tempo run will be increasing by a half mile every two weeks to be half of my distance walk/run and will either stick to my 1/1 ratio or the ratio that is the last one slower than my current speed ratio. I haven't decided exactly how I will do it yet. And then my distance walk/run will increase a half mile each week and I will walk the first half and run the 2nd half. The run part will be at the same ratio as my tempo run. I am not sure when I will switch from walk/run on my distance workouts to just run. I am thinking after my 10 mile walk run I will drop back down some and start running all of it. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there. I want to be able to run 14 or 15 miles before the race and have taper time right before the race.

Just talked to Mike and he said Sept or Oct I should start trying to run my long runs. And I looked at the Jeff Galloway Disney World Half Marathon training plan for finishing upright. It looks like the last weekend in August and first week of September is the 18 week mark. So I guess that is when I will run 5 miles twice that week and then up my mileage from there. Perhaps I will start following the Jeff Galloway plan at that point somewhat. Although he starts at a lower mileage that I will be at by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment