Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Whew!

I started a vegetable garden yesterday. Basically, I left the house after 9am and didn't stop working (either repairing my cedar planters, prepping planters, transplanting plants or running out to get seeds and more dirt) until 5pm. I did take a couple of short breaks when it rained. And lunch of course. This just meant that I went on a run with tired legs today. Lots of up and down getting my porch set up. Hopefully, I have a good late crop of vegetables and it all pays for it self.

Anyway, my run. It started out perfect. The hot air balloons launched this morning. They launch less than a mile from our house so it always brightens my day to see them when they launch. You have to be up early to see them and I haven't been getting up early enough since I lost my job. Morning running is good in that way I guess. It got a bit hot to run about half way through. Guess I need to try for an even earlier start time. I struggled a bit today having tired legs. That and my left shoulder tightened up really bad about mile 2.5.

So I did 3.13 miles in 40:25.88 with an average pace of 12:56/mi. I am pretty happy with that. I did struggle with walking fast enough so my walking pace isn't even enough for my liking. But once I get to an easy run with an even walking pace I will need to switch to 1/1 interval. So I guess that means I am not ready to switch yet. All in all a decent run today.

No comments:

Post a Comment