Friday, June 10, 2011

Frustrating start to the day

So I got up late today but the temperature outside looked okay for running. However, I had loaned my hydration belt to my husband and he had changed the fit of it. Not that it didn't still work for me but I had gotten it perfect (and I am a perfectionist) and it wasn't perfect anymore. So I decided to try to fix it. He had only altered it by an inch or so but the buckle was way off center and the excess webbing was all loose instead of perfectly rolled and fastened. It was driving me nuts. Unfortunately, it took me over an hour to get it exactly right the first time and since the elastic has stretched a little I can't get it back to the perfect spot again. So annoying. So I spent almost an hour trying to fix it. I gave up and grabbed my hand bottle instead. I guess I will try to fix it later.

The run was good once I got out and did it. I cut my warm up walk from 5 minutes to 3 minutes and did 8 intervals of 1 minute run and 4 minutes walk. Though the last interval I had to cut the walk short because I was finished with my 3.1 miles. So I did 3.1 miles in 42:04.32 with an average pace of 13:31/mi. I definitely think I have found a decent run pace. I still struggle with it a bit because I have to remind myself to go slower. I went too fast on my first run interval. But the rest were right on. It felt pretty good. My right IT band might be having minor issues because it seemed a little tight but is fine now. The back of my right thigh tightened up a bit too. Oh well, they seem fine now.

My hand bottle gave me minor blisters on two of my fingers. I am so glad most blisters don't hurt to me. My pinky and ring toes have blisters as always but are still less than they used to be. This may be where I am with blisters. Nothing that affects how I run or walk but just minor ones in certain places. I may never get rid of them but as long as they don't hurt or make me change my stride in anyway I can live with them. As I said before I will probably never have pretty feet. I still have no idea where the blisters on the backs of my ankles are coming from. I have a sneaking suspicion it is from my socks. It may be time to invest in some real running socks.

All in all a good run once I got past the frustrations before I got out.

No comments:

Post a Comment