Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New clothes!

So, yesterday I went out and bought some new running clothes. Thank goodness for Marshals and Target. Cheap decent clothes that I can get quantity over quality. I figure once I lose my 20 lbs and get my body where I want it then I can start buying quality. Mike was much the same way about his running clothes for a long time. I scored two pairs of Under Armor shorts that have 9" inseams (keep my thighs from chaffing), two self bra'd tank tops, a sleeveless shirt and a pair of just above the knee shorts. The just above the knee shorts are of a heavier not so much tech fabric but are supposed to be moisture wicking. I also need to add a drawstring in them. I am quite happy with my haul.

Today I went for my run in one of the self bra'd tank tops and a pair of the Under Armor shorts. They were perfect. I have to roll the waist line of the shorts once to pull the crotch up high enough to keep my upper thighs from chaffing. But I don't mind that. I was fairly comfortable, though I had a hard time figuring out where to put my iPod. I ended up clipping it to one of the shoulder straps on my tank top. I think once I get my hydration belt re-adjusted (Mike bought his own) my outfit will be perfect. Right now the tank top slides up over my belly a little but the hydration belt will hold it down. I was so much less overheated.

I also tried out my new water bottle. The Camelbak podium chill. It is insulated. Only problem is it won't work with my hand bottle holder. So this water bottle will not be for running. Which is fine. It will be perfect for IFGS, probably Disney, biking (when I finally get a bike) and around the house. And I love the new valve on the top. Very nice to know it won't spill.

Anyway, my run was good. I did 3.13 miles in 42:06.41 (approx, I accidentally hit timer start as I put it in the cradle and it added 3 seconds, so my time shows as 42:09.41). My average pace was 13:27/mi. No new blisters. The weird ones on my ankles dried up and have not come back. Though I have been smearing that area with body glide. I need to go out and get more tape and bandaids. But I have definitely found a good set up for my feet to keep blisters to a minimum. The run felt good so I think I will increase my run time by 30 seconds next week and after my first run I might reduce my walk time by 30 seconds. Just need to see how it feels.

Nothing else special happened on my run. Though I didn't leave as early as I wanted to. I left 10 minutes before 9am. Oh, and I did manage to keep my walking pace a bit more consistent which makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment