Thursday, June 23, 2011

Need new tape

So I went for my run today. I didn't go Monday because I was on my feet on cement all weekend and it beat up my feet. So I was supposed to run on Wednesday but sinus pressure was making my rear upper molars and lower jaw ache. I know from experience that running does not help that kind of pain. Mike was surprised that I got up and got ready for my run today. I was a little slow so it was a bit warmer than I like to run. I really do not react well to being overheated. But I guess I need to get used to it somewhat since the end of my run at Disney will be pretty warm.

I finally ran out of hockey tape and turned to my medical tape that was too wide. That was even better because it wasn't quite as sticky as the hockey tape and my toes didn't tend to stick together. But then I ran out of the medical tape. So I went out and bought new medical tape. The stuff I got does not work well. The adhesive is just not sticky enough so it starts to unravel. Must go on a quest for the right tape. Once I know the name I of the proper stuff, I will just order it online.

Anyway, my run today was okay. I tried 1:30 run time with a 4 minute walk. It was hard at first but got easier later in the run. I had a side ache for the 2nd mile or so but that worked itself out. I think I will stick with the 4 minute walk time until the run time get's even easier. I am fairly proud of myself. While I had to slow down my run and walk speed I was still able to keep my walk speed between 13 and 15:30 minutes per mile. On average that is. I had a two really slow spots. One was crossing the street and waiting for cars and the other I just really needed to slow down. My run speed stayed in between 10 and 11 minutes per mile. Right where I need to be. I was right that it is easier to slow down the longer I run. So I did 3.12 miles in 41:26.65 with an average pace of 13:18/mi. This pace is right in between my last two workouts. Not too shabby. Not my fastest but still faster than my 2nd fastest. Not counting my below sea level race that is. I felt really crappy when I got home being overheated. But now I feel good. So if heat was the only real issue I am good. It seems that whether I am running or walking more 3 miles on my legs is just 3 miles. We shall see when I get at higher run periods if that stays true but for now it is good that only my breathing is holding me back from running more. That is easy to build up.

No comments:

Post a Comment