Thursday, June 2, 2011

HOT!

So I went for my run at 11 am this morning to try to beat the heat. Should have left earlier. Cause now I am sitting here dripping sweat and trying to sip my chocolate milk without feeling like I am going to be sick. The temp jumped from around 73 to 81 between 11am and 12pm. Oh the joys of being sensitive to heat. At least now I can hide in the mostly cool house until tonight. Except, I gotta empty the kitty litter boxes and refill them. Lovely!

However, the run was not bad. Besides the sun beating down on me and having a bit of trouble with my breathing it felt pretty good. I had to slow down a lot on my cool down walk so my time wasn't as good as it could have been. I worked very hard not to go too fast but my body wanted to go faster today. There is a pace (under 10/mile) that feels amazing when I hit it but I know I should keep myself under that pace. SO HARD! I did hit my stride in my last run interval and stopped noticing how hard it was to breathe. Felt really good. My average pace this time was 14:09/mile and it took me a total of 44:13.29 to run 3.12 miles. Not too shabby.

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate milk after exercising? It's no wonder you felt sick. :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! Chocolate milk is the best recovery drink ever. It settles my stomach.

    ReplyDelete