Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sleep is essential.

I didn't run yesterday because I had insomnia in the middle of the night and if I was going to run it had to be way early so I could get a shower. Our building had to replace our hot water heater yesterday because our practically new hot water heater (installed 2.5 years ago) was illegal or against regulations or something. So there was no hot water starting at 9am yesterday. Thus, I skipped my run yesterday.

But I got up and got it in today. I am all sweaty. I guess 60 degrees with sun is too warm for me. I started out and it felt perfect. A little cool to walk but perfect to run. However, the sun made me very warm. Oh well. It was a great run. I was a bit hungry but I think I will find a right balance for early morning runs and food eventually. I actually had enough juice to do an 8th run interval. It meant this time I don't have a recorded cool down but I am okay with that. The last run felt good.

I haven't mentioned that I tried a new way to lace my shoes lately. I laced around the highest point on my instep. That seems to be helping. If my instep doesn't get sore then I think I keep a more even form and have less blister issues. I am glad one of my Team AllEars teammates posted an article on that.

Anyway so my average pace was 13:45/mi for 3.12 miles. And I finished my run in 42:56.25 minutes. I think I finally found a good run pace. Today I decided to not worry so much about my run pace and focus on my breathing. This helped me not feel as wiped after each run interval. But somehow I settled in to a pace that would drop below the 10 minutes per mile pace right before my run interval was up. So it averaged above 10 minutes per mile in pace for the whole interval. I felt like I wasn't blowing as hard after each interval and while it still felt like it was a little bit of a struggle to stay slower, I didn't feel like I was fighting myself. Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment