Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Team AllEars Avon Walk for Breast Cancer --GO TEAM FIBOT!

As many (or even all of you know) Mike did the Disney World Half Marathon last year. What some of you may not know is that in seeing him train and finally finish his first half marathon he inspired me to run and get into shape too. So since last January I have been slowly training for next year's Disney World Half Marathon and have even run my first Disney race, the Expedition Everest Challenge 5k. I am enjoying the training at am trying to get past getting horrid blisters on my feet every time. I haven't beat the blisters yet but I have made progress on my running.

Last year, Mike didn't know if he would be travelling alone to Disney World so he joined Team AllEars for not only company but to raise money for an amazing cause. This year we both joined the team and are part of a group of 99 happy haunts (as one of our team members puts it) who are raising money for breast cancer while training for our races. We are all running in one or more of the races for the Walt Disney World Marathon weekend. Some are running the 5k, others like me are running the half marathon (13.1 miles), some the marathon (26.2 miles) as an individual or two person relay and others are going crazy and running the Goofy (the half one day and the full the next). Mike is one of the craziest and is running what is unofficially called the Dopey (the 5k on Friday, the half with me on Saturday and the full on Sunday). There are also other combinations within the races. Just so many choices to run different races.

You can read about some of our team members here. http://land.allears.net/blogs/#run

As part of Team AllEars we have each committed to raise a minimum of $500. So for Mike and I that means $1000 for our household. Please consider making a donation toward our $1000 goal. We are Team Fibot (after our wild Bengal cat).

How can you lend your support?

You can support my running efforts and breast cancer research by donating the following ways:

1. By check. Checks should be made out to "Avon Walk for Breast Cancer". In the memo field, enter "Team AllEars-- Team Fibot". You can send them to Deb Wills, 3520 Sugarloaf Parkway SUITE F03-105, Frederick, MD 21704. Please e-mail me when you have donated so that I can track all donations and my fundraising efforts.

2. Online donation. Here is the link for our team captain's personal Avon Walk page:http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR?px=3843338&fr_id=2160&pg=personal Click the "Donate Now" button to get to the donation page. In the "Personal Note" field, include "Team AllEars--Team Fibot", for proper tracking. Every donation helps put us one step closer to finding a cure for breast cancer. Whether it be $1, $5 or $25 any donation helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment